Monday, April 09, 2007

Transmission 7107

The first time I saw Nils Lofgren was when his old band Grin opened for West, Bruce and Laing in the early 70's. I will always remember him playing great lead guitar as he was flipping in mid-air courtesy of his ever-present trampoline! After an extensive solo career and stints with Neil and Bruce, it's easy to forget the 4 long out of print Grin releases. We take The Weight from their last and also rock hard with Metallica, Black Sabbath, Guns & Roses and Nirvana. The gaps are filled with music from The Doors, Rush, Be Bop Deluxe, Rick Danko, The Who and ZZ Top!

T7107 is a 58.1MB 128k mp3 1:03:33 in length made loud to be played loud!

"your the weight I've been waiting for"

RFW

The musical selections for T7107 came courtesy of my oldest son Derek, his buddy Mark (a future Marine) and close friend Professor Scott Lewis (former radio dj,/present teacher/musicologist) who I let loose in The Wohlman Archives!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

saw Nils 4 times (twice in DC; twice in Chicago. His first solo album is the greatest album in the history of music. How's that for a hyperbole.

Radio Free Wohlman said...

I love that first album as well! I saw that first solo tour at Paul's Mall in Boston. 250 people!

Thanks for listening.

David